Aside from some major events, Granny’s passing and birthday festivities, here are some of the happenings from the first month in AQP this year…
1. Greg taking a retreat to work on his doctoral submission paper for applications. He holed up in a spare room at the cafe with ALL of his books and articles. The kids and I would go by for an occasional visit. I am more than happy to report that he finished. Can I get a Hallelujah?
2. New teammates!!! Team Arequipa 2.0 is trickling in this year. First to arrive is the Froud Family. We got them a 6 month lease on the apt right below us. They are hoping to buy something, and they wanted time to look. It has been nice to have little Evan as a neighbor to invite over to play.
3. Our landlord opened up the roof above the Frouds’ apt to be like a patio for the kids. It is as close to a “front yard” as we have ever had. It works!
4. We were sooooo sad to spend our last Sunday with Emilia. She moved to Canada for a job. We love her so very much, and we are thankful for technology so that we can still keep up with her.
5. For the very first time, Iglesia took a trip to the beach together. It was a blast, and the Blair family flew in that same day for a one week visit (they move here in July).
6. A girls night out while Jacie was here. What fun. Later in the year, we will add Larissa, Sarah, and Katie to the mix.
7. Ana’s clausura for her Art class. She loved taking art this month.