It looks different every week. We meet with the other groups in a bigger location once a month. I usually take pictures at that gathering, but this morning I thought I would capture some moments from a typical house church morning here in the casa. God has blessed us with a home in our years here to be able to host a larger group. We have started a rotation with other homes just recently, but Greg and I spent the majority of our house church mornings the last three years hosting the group in ASA.
We love these people. We eat breakfast together (each person brings something to contribute: bread, eggs, avocado, or juice). We sing and share communion. We share Bible stories with the kids and sing songs that they enjoy. The adults have a time of study and reflection while the kids are dismissed to another room (my girls’ bedroom). The kids continue to play while the adults talk (in our playroom or out on the patio). Like I said, I just wanted to capture a few of those moments this morning…
Sarah reading the Bible story to the kids while we are still with the adults.
Sandra’s little munchkin, Harold
coloring in the girls’ room
We keep them quiet and busy for as long as we can so the adults can have a time of quiet and study, but then they are released to the playroom… 🙂
Aside from some major events, Granny’s passing and birthday festivities, here are some of the happenings from the first month in AQP this year…
1. Greg taking a retreat to work on his doctoral submission paper for applications. He holed up in a spare room at the cafe with ALL of his books and articles. The kids and I would go by for an occasional visit. I am more than happy to report that he finished. Can I get a Hallelujah?
2. New teammates!!! Team Arequipa 2.0 is trickling in this year. First to arrive is the Froud Family. We got them a 6 month lease on the apt right below us. They are hoping to buy something, and they wanted time to look. It has been nice to have little Evan as a neighbor to invite over to play.
3. Our landlord opened up the roof above the Frouds’ apt to be like a patio for the kids. It is as close to a “front yard” as we have ever had. It works!
4. We were sooooo sad to spend our last Sunday with Emilia. She moved to Canada for a job. We love her so very much, and we are thankful for technology so that we can still keep up with her.
5. For the very first time, Iglesia took a trip to the beach together. It was a blast, and the Blair family flew in that same day for a one week visit (they move here in July).
6. A girls night out while Jacie was here. What fun. Later in the year, we will add Larissa, Sarah, and Katie to the mix.
7. Ana’s clausura for her Art class. She loved taking art this month.