I got this recipe from Gina’s Skinny Recipes at SkinnyTaste.com. It would be so good with spicy sausage like she recommends, but I can’t find spicy sausage here in AQP. If you are looking for a way to use a butternut squash, this is a great recipe for it. I had a rather large squash (thanks to the generosity of my friend, Larissa) so I doubled the recipe.
Recipe for 5 servings (the AQP version):
- 4 links of salchicha argentina
- 1/2 k butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbs butter
- 10 oz or 1 and a half 250 g bags of pasta
- 1/4 c shallots (in Spanish “chalotes”)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried sage
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
Just click the SkinnyTaste.com link at the top of the post for photos and the step-by-step directions.