Aji de Gallina
1. Place 5 peices of the “common bread” in water to soak. (common bread here is course and not sweetened)
2. Boil one large breast (bone-in) of chicken.
3. Boil 3 aji amarillos until soft.
4. Dice 2 large white onions very finely.
5. Remove bread from water.
6. Tear chicken into bite-sized pieces.
7. Squeeze water from bread using your hands.
8. in blender: blend bread and cream, place in separate bowl
in blender: blend aji and garlic and a little bit of cumin
9. Warm large pot with 1/4 c oil. Once it is very hot, cook onion until tender and translucent (add a little salt). Add aji mixture and bread mixture. Add pepper. Stir until creamy and thickened.
10. Add chicken. Add a little MSG for some added flavor. Serve over rice.